I have to note that Taylor got a shot and not only did she hold still, she watched the needle go in and she didn't even cry! Gigi gave her one piece of "green money" for being so brave and I have to admit that I was shocked (and so proud) of how well she did. Dr. G also suggested implementing a "stoplight system" at home for behavior, so Taylor and I have put some time in this week to create our stoplight and we're almost ready to start using it. I'm hopeful that this will make for a more peaceful house and much less "negotiating"...
I continue the hunt for an acceptable bottle this week. As I've mentioned before, Hannah is not a big fan of bottle feeding - she likes Mom best and is really determined to stick to that plan. We did find a bottle that she tolerated, but now we found out that it contains "BPA", which is the bad chemical in plastics. Since I don't want to knowingly subject her to something that will cause her harm, I'm trying to find a suitable alternative, which is proving harder than we thought. I've tried several brands with no success and have now ordered some online which I hope she'll take. In the meantime, she has decided to take up lots of "night nursing" to make up for the fact that she has gone on a milk-strike during the day. Did I mention that I'm completely exhausted?!
Finally, I'm posting this great comparison picture - this is Taylor on her 2nd, 3rd, and 4th birthdays - can you believe what a difference a year makes?! These kids just grow up too fast...
No comments:
Post a Comment