Monday, June 2, 2008

The start of summer

I can see that our summer will be filled with days on the water - whether it be at the pool or on the lake. Saturday was spent at the pool and ended with a little excitement, when Taylor jumped into the deep end and we didn't know it. Imagine my shock to look up and see the lifeguard carrying my daughter toward me... She and Brad had gone to the bathroom and she apparently beat him back to the pool - I was introducing Hannah to the water at the other end of the pool and wasn't looking. I think we've all learned our lessons and are very thankful that it didn't have a very different outcome!

Sunday was spent on Kerr Lake in Papa & Gigi's boat, where Taylor got her first ride on a tube. She sat in the middle, while her daddy did his best to hang on behind her - it is funny how much bigger the tube is in my memories, but I was so much smaller too... She had a blast and I can see that lake days will fill much of our summer this year and going forward. I think she would have stayed behind the boat into the evening if that nasty storm hadn't crept up on us. We managed to get the boat out and into the truck before it got bad, but only 5 minutes away from the boat ramp, we had to pull over while the truck and boat were beaten with nearly golf ball sized hail. It was quite a storm and left an impression on ALL of us!

Finally, this week is recital time. TAYLOR'S RECITAL IS AT A 6:00PM ON SATURDAY AND 2:00PM ON SUNDAY AT NORTHERN HIGH SCHOOL. We'd love to see you all, so please feel free to come, but don't be late - her first dance is #3, so be early and in your seats. We're praying that costumes come in and that we all survive this full week of rehearsals!

No comments: