Thursday, April 1, 2010

Starting life anew…

Where do we start?  I haven’t posted updates here in so long, because all of my writing has been done on the Caringbridge website  for Mom.  I guess it is time to “close” that site and but my thoughts back here again.  It is hard to think of closing that chapter of our lives, but I think it is time now – there are people that need those resources more than we do right now and while I won’t delete the site yet (I’m not that strong), I do think we need to start updates here again.

It has been a very difficult road these last 7 weeks – tomorrow will mark 7 weeks since Mom died and the days are still hard.  Some moments are better than others, but we miss her every day.  It still feels like she is on a trip somewhere and we’re just waiting for her to come home.  I went back to church this past Sunday for the first time – I’d been putting it off as long as I could – and it was as hard (actually harder) than I thought it would be.  There are so many people that we love there and so many memories that it makes for a difficult place to be.  Mom would want us to keep going though, so that is what we’ll do – it will just take time.

We’re going to the beach tonight to spend Easter there with Dad this year and while difficult, I think it will be a good change overall.  Taylor is out of school next week, so we’ll stay through Wednesday and Dad will come back Sunday afternoon.  I’m thrilled to get to spend Easter morning with him and have him there for when the girls get their loot from the Easter Bunny.

I haven’t packed yet and have been more than swamped at work, so I’m going to cut this short.  (speaking of cuts – we cut bangs on Hannah this week – she refuses to keep her hair pulled back and I was tired of watching her try to see and eat through it all.  It is precious, but she looks so different.  I’ll put a picture up here and will try to get pics from her birthday up too)  We love you all so very much and thank you for all of the constant love and support.  We just keep putting one foot in front of the other and look forward to the day when that becomes easier than it is now.  HannahHaircutHappy Easter!

No comments: