We've had a salt-water tank for almost 3 years now - it was Taylor's birthday present when she turned 2, since she LOVED Nemo. It has been "fish only" until the last couple of weeks. We finally made the investment to convert it to a reef (a major investment!). So far we have added live rock, one small coral, and a bubble anemone. I'm hoping that the percula clowns (Nemo and Marlin) will come to love the new anemone - it will take them some time to make friends I guess. Watching this guy is amazing... we put him in the sand, but he started climbing the rocks last night and seemed to settle in a "nook" between two of them. This morning, however, he seemed to be moving through one of the rocks (it has a big hole in the middle), so I'm not sure where he'll be when we get home today. Here are some pictures that I took last night. They are very "blue" because the actinic lights were on when I took them. (The light fixture has 3 blue/actinic lights and 3 white/day lights... the actinics come on first to simulate dawn, then the whites for daytime, then the actinics again for dusk - dawn and dusk allow the corals to experience their natural growth cycles)
(removed pic due to broken link…)
No comments:
Post a Comment